Friday, March 16, 2018

It’s been a Long time

So much has happened since I’ve last blogged.

I am older. Less cheerful about the world.

Made some mistakes, gained some experience.

Met the man I’m gonna marry.

Decided to start writing again. This time with a purpose. To let people who feel like they are losers and failures know that they are not alone.
Fellow failure here!!

So my big story on failure:

I love helping people and so I enrolled myself in a masters of counselling course all the way in Melbourne. Left my comfortable home where my helpers do all my stuff for me, left my big loving family, my then quite stable but boring Boyfriend (we ended up breaking up), left my pug Kenji...
 Went to Melbourne met loads of great friends, the love of my life, got my masters...

Came back to Singapore, got a job at a place I always wanted to work at. Couldn’t take the pressures of the job. Left the job.

Now I’m back at the start. Or not. I got a lot of knowledge on counselling but lost the confidence to do anything related to it. Can’t deal with the emotional baggage it comes with.
I’m back in Melbourne now taking some time to figure things out.
I know I like helping people, I like coaching, teaching...

I’m gonna keep trying. If I can’t counsel now, i will teach maybe. Maybe one day I would make a better counsellor?
I’m gonna move one foot in front of the other and I’ll end up somewhere someday.

Even if the step is one cm, it’s still moving forward. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment